Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Bridesmaid Remembers – India Hicks on Diana's Big Day!

Princess Margaret in her nightie, sweets from the Queen of Tonga and Diana singing Just One Cornetto! A royal bridesmaid's VERY surprising big day

By India Hicks

As details about William and Kate’s ­wedding emerge, it’s brought the memories flooding back for India Hicks, who 30 years ago was one of the bridesmaids at the wedding of Charles and Diana. So what really went on behind the scenes? Here, she gives a peek behind the royal veil . . .

Even now, I’m always asked about the first time I met Diana. What was she like? Did she seem very young? How did I feel? The terrible truth is I just can’t remember.

But what I do remember is the moment I was asked to be a ­bridesmaid. I was on holiday in the Bahamas when a call came through from the Prince of Wales, my ­godfather. I was horrified. I was going to have to wear a dress. I was 13.

I had been a bridesmaid before. In fact, I was virtually a ­professional at it. I’d been one for the Duke of ­Westminster, Lady Joanna Knatchbull, Lord and Lady Romsey, my nanny — and all of them entailed wearing awful dresses. I was a tomboy, never out of my jodhpurs.


For more, click on the link...






Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1345229/Royal-wedding-India-Hicks-bridesmaid-memories-Prince-Charles-Dianas-wedding.html#ixzz1AYnJBHkT

No comments:

Post a Comment