Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Naomi Watts to Play Diana Princess of Wales


King Kong star Naomi Watts said she is "absolutely terrified" to play the role of Princess Diana in a new film portraying the last two years of her life.

Caught in Flight is set to explore Diana's relationship with heart surgeon Dr Hasnat Khan and her tragic death in August 1997.

Watts said: "She is a part of our history, an incredible woman and fascinating but a tragic ending. The filmmakers came to me and it's a good script and it's very scary and I kind of wanted to say no but I couldn't."

The British-born actress said she grew up watching Diana and taking on the new role will be "tough".

"I saw the wedding and everything and she is a very inspiring woman and it's kind of impressive how she sort of changed the whole gearing of the tradition of the royal family and opened it up and brought warmth to it.

"Now I'm doing all the research and there is so much to read, I just hope we make a good film and people can learn something new about her that's interesting. There are a lot of people that knew her and a lot of books to read and so much information and one story is different to the next so it's hard to gauge what was the truth. It's going to be a tough one, it's a big beast to take on, I just try to do my best."

Continue reading...http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/17/naomi-watts-absolutely-te_n_1523447.html



No comments:

Post a Comment