Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Article in LA NACION about Alfred of Prussia

LA NACION, Costa Rica's largest newspaper, has multi-page article on the fate of Alfred of Prussia.

I had a copy of the printed article scanned and sent to, but much to my delight I also found it online!


Alfred of Prussia sporting a typical Costa Rican farmer's hat.

Sigismund of Prussia in his library at Finca San Miguel, where he introduced me to the intricacies of the Gotha, oh so many decades ago.


Charlotte Agnes of Prussia, who would ride her horse through the streets of Puntarenas, the sea port where I grew up. Both my grandmothers knew her well and would supply her with clean, empty glass bottles for the honey the royal couple sold in town. She was so tiny.

San Miguel de Barranca.

Alfred of Prussia – I took this photo of Alfred at his small house in Heredia, Costa Rica. Even this unremarkable abode would be lost in the following years.

The smile I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment